This is post 3 in our Campervan Conversion Journey, to start from the beginning see Guide to Converting a Standard Transporter Van to a Stylish Well Equipped Campervan
Why We Chose a VW T5.1 Transporter to Convert in to a Campervan
Before we continue with our campervan conversion guide we tell you why we chose the VW Transporter as the base model for our campervan conversion project.
In our previous posts you will have seen that we bought a standard VW T5.1 Transporter Highline Panel Van as the base model to convert in to a modern Campervan, in this post we explain why the VW Transporter is an excellent starting point in any campervan conversion project.
- – They are extremely reliable
- – They have galvanised bodies – Great for rust prevention
- – They hold their value exceptionally well
- – Due to the size they are perfect for everyday use as a family car as well as a campervan
- – The short wheel base version fits into a parking space as easy as a car
- – The Transporter was voted the second most reliable van in the UK in the latest FN5O survey
Follow our Campervan Conversion Journey Here – Do you name your campervan before or after it’s been fitted out?
Have you Completed a Campervan Conversion?
Let us know in the comments below what your base model was and whether you agree with us or not, that the VW Transporter makes an excellent starting point.
Campervan Conversion Guide
- Guide to Converting a Transporter Van to a Campervan
- In The Beginning it Was a Standard Highline Transporter Van...
- Why we chose the VW T5.1 Transporter as the base model for or campervan conversion project
- Do You Name Your Campervan Before or After it's Been Fitted Out?
- DVLA Guidance on Motorhome Conversions